Reversal potential/Equilibrium potential Definitions! (should be easy for you guys)

Wed Apr 30 01:11:50 EST 2003

There're useful analogues all over within commonplace experience/ All
of these 'share' the quality of directed variation that I've been
discussing re. the so-called 'reversal potential'.

For instance, a bird could not alight in the tiny  maple saplings
that're sprouting in Dad's spring-'time' yard. Yet, as they 'pump
energy', they grow, and as they grow, there'll vome a day when a bird
can very well alight within them.

The growth inherent transforms the 3-D structure of the saplings into
trees, and it's plain to see that, while it's just the
relatively-same growth processes happening, as 'time' passes, the
tree becomes ever-more than it was, Within such, the increasing
overall 'strength' of the tree is analogous to the variation of the
'reversal potential' that I've discussed in this thread.

The meter still reads "zero", but, because of the augmenting of
"biological mass" [AoK, Ap5], the "zero" reading always correlates to
more than than it did 'moments' before - so calling it "zero" -
calling it "constant" - is meaningless - 'cause it's "zero" within an
ever-augmenting realm [well, until about age 30, then it's still not
'constant' because of until aging, It only actually becomes "zero",
along with everything else, at death].

Another easy analogue is with respect to what happens within muscles
under regular exercise. There are "zero" 'states' here, too. Say
there are two arms. One belongs to Arnold Schwartzenegger, and the
other to me after five years' of subsistence diet.

A myographic array might read "zero" in both cases, but there's much
more going on in Arnold's arm when it hangs at his side than is going
on in my arm when it hangs at my side. His "zero" and my "zero" are
not 'equivalent' - even though the meter reads "zero" in both
instances.

Yet, if I get to eat some protein, and if I exercise, then I can
induce the meter's "zero" to correlate to more than it now does.

Within the nervous system these simple analogues are spectacularly
ramified because the "zero" of the 'reversal potential' occurs in
rigorous accord with a menagerie if 3-D energydynamics running the
activation-dependent gamut from ionic stuff, through "biological
mass" [molecular encoding of learning], through 3-D neuronal
structure. to macroscopic 3-D structure, and it's 3-D global
functionally-integrated energydynamics.

The meter's "zero" is never the same thing twice anywhere within all
of this.

I'm =not= saying that the meter's reading has no significance. It
does. But only within the context of the 3-D energydynamics.

OK?

If so, then we've made it past the 10% 'barrier' re. NDT's stuff.

ken [K. P. Collins]

news:LQIra.131492$ja4.5806372 at bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...