Reasoning v. other AI stuff

Acme Debugging L.Fine at lycos.co.uk
Wed Apr 30 10:18:58 EST 2003

uj797 at victoria.tc.ca (Arthur T. Murray) wrote in message news:<3eac29d7 at news.victoria.tc.ca>...
> http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/ai4udex.html#reasoning in the
>
> AI4U textbook of artificial intelligence (q.v.) distinguishes
>
> between imagistic and syllogistic reasoning.

Seems like a worthy (introductory?) book on AI. I am unfamiliar with
imagistic reasoning. Is this analogous to the logic of music, or the
"logical" interpretation thereof?

I saw nothing on the integration of logic and probability which is a
necessary condition to the first-step AI reasoner as defined in this
thread.

Thanks,

Larry