Reasoning v. other AI stuff

Randall R Schulz rrschulz at cris.com
Wed Apr 30 10:50:21 EST 2003

AD,

It's not new. Extensive research has already been done on so-called
"qualitative reasoning." This includes diagrammatic and analogic
reasoning, e.g.

My library includes this title:

"Diagrammatic Reasoning; Cognitive and Computational Perspectives"
Ed. Janice Glasgow, N. Hari Narayanan, B. CHandrasekaran
Pub. AAAI Press / The MIT Press
ISBN 0-262-57112-9

I also know of the "Qualitative Reasoning Group" at Northwestern
(<http://www.qrg.northwestern.edu/>).

Though I'm unaware of specifics, there's much more going on. Just search
the Web for "Qualitative Reasoning" or other related topic phrases.

Randall Schulz