Reversal potential/Equilibrium potential Definitions! (should be easy for you guys)

Wed Apr 30 11:02:20 EST 2003

My gosh! Dag, how deeply you are growing into my 'heart'-stuff!
[Please don't be 'embarased' :-]

More below.
"Dag Stenberg" <dag.stenberg at nospam.helsinki.fi.invalid> wrote in
message news:b8nvd0$18b$2 at oravannahka.helsinki.fi...
| KP-PC <k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net%remove%> wrote:
| > If anyone 'wonders', I took the day off, today.
| > I felt the need to Live a little - crammed about
| > 15 years' Living into this day [or at least tried to].
| >
| > Nothing 'big-deal' - just a day, given over to
| > what I so enjoyed in my Youth - following my
| > 'heart' in the spring-'time' sunlight.
| >
| > Many True Delights were had.
|
| Personally, I regularly find that a problem solves
| itself when I take a walk. Does not always have to
| be long - sometimes I find the solution after two
| minutes, sometimes after an hour of brisk walking.
| I expect there is a TD E/I 'upside down' solution to
| this - motor activity and detachment from the
| immediate surroundings demanding attention
| unleashes the creative potential and savage
| determination within.
|
| Dag Stenberg

You are Correct, Dag.

The 'release' inherent is literal. Changing one's local
external-experiential environment presents one's nervous system with
novelty to a degree commensurate with the change in external stuff.

As is discussed in AoK ["Shrt Paper", Ap5 & 7 [low & high 'level'
'curiosity'], this relative novelty is accompanied by an augmented
degree of 'stochastic' activation which allows one's nervous system
to discover new routes to TD E/I-minimization.

As is implicit in your post, if it's been worked-on to any
significant degree, the stuff of the problem one is working on
doesn't 'go away', because one's nervous system has already
constructed "biological mass" that's rigorously couled to its
correlated external physical reality [of course, in proportion to the
degree of correlated problem-solving work that one's nervous system
has already done].

So, when one 'takes a break', to the degree that one 'releases', the
highest-'level' "meta-phase" RD E/I-minimization dynamics that are
discussed in AoK, Ap7, "invert" - undergo a "passive\active phase
shift", and TD E/I-minimization 'just' continues in-the-'background'
['outside' of 'consciousness'] in parallel with TD E/I-minimization
that occurs with respect to the 'momentary' temporarily-changed
external experiential environment.

The only 'conscious' thing that's necessary is to carry an
'awareness' with respect to 'listening' to the 'squirts' of TD
E/I-minimization that pop into 'consciousness' as TD E/I-minimization
does, in fact, occur with respect to the problem stuff that was
'released' from.

By mid 1970s, what was to become NDT had already come together enough
to enable me to adopt this way as my primary problem-solving mode [I
write about it a lot in AoK]. But there's a 'funny' problem
involved - folks who don't understand NDT's stuff 'think' that one
who is just actively pursuing this delightful problem-solving mode is
'goofing off' :-]

So I usually experience a vague 'guilt' when I do it - with respect
to folks' absence of understanding.

So, imagine, Dag, the Joy that happens within me on experiencing your
discussion that indicates that you =Understand=!

Good gosh! I =needed= to experience someone Understanding.

It's 'funny'. When I set out yesterday morning, my intention was
actually not to pursue such 'release' [I've been relatively
encumbered with respect to this problem-solving mode for too-long a
'time' because I've been $-'broke', and that circumstance tends to
'muck-it-up' because the 'problem' that tends to be largest [most TD
E/I(up)-generating in-there] is the fact of one's progression toward
starvation - one goes to the park to 'release', as above, and as in
your insightful post, but one just experiences 'being antsy' with
respect to one's survival. [These are the dynamics of what's been
referred to as "depression" in NDT [AoK, Ap8]].

What I actually decided to do early yesterday morning, was to drive
to Saint Joseph's Oratory in Montreal, Canada - to Pray while I still
had the means to make it there [I've only been there once before, but
it's one of my Dearest places].

But I got a couple of hours into the drive, and realized that what I
was actually doing was 'bailing-out' - 'giving-up' - accepting
Death - taking the `Coward's 'way`".

So I called myself to task, but being hours away from being able to
pick up the stuff I've been working on [none of which I've yet
discussed - got to 'build the bridge to it ["curved path of learning"
stuff, AoK, Ap8], had an 'excuse' to just 'let go' despite the fact
that I'd spent $ that I needed for my Survival for fuel for my car.

It was a Beautiful suny Spring day, and the problem resolutions just
'marched' through my nervous system, one after the other as my
nervous system, freed from incessant 'worry', just accelerated its TD
/I-minimization with respect to them - the "Many True Delights [that]
were had" :-]

"Nothing 'big-deal' - just [another] day, given over to what I so
enjoyed in my Youth - following my 'heart' in the spring-'time'
sunlight."

"A walk in the park."

It's clear that you Understand Dag.

Your Analysis, quoted above, is Correct.

HURRAH!

[Ramifications with respect to on-the-job, enforced
'nose-to-the-grindstone' stuff are Huge. The 'enforcers' are
'shooting-themselves-in-the-foot [along with their company's Hopes of
Profitability.]

[It's why I can't find employment, I expect. Prospective employers
have 'heard through the grapevine' about the way that I am, and
'know' that all I do is 'goof off' :-]

But all I do is work with what I Know is, right-there, in my nervous
system.

It only looks like I'm 'having too much fun'. It's actually 'just'
the best way to Work.

It's was good to exoperience it, if only briefly, again yesterday.

Cheers, Dag. Yuu are in my 'heart'.

[ALL - I've got to be busy offline, so I don't know how much I'll be
able to participate online. Please don't read anything else into my
'absence'. I discuss anything that matters with respect to such
Forthrightly.]

ken [K. P. Collins]