Patricia Goldman-Rakic - Deceased

Didier A. Depireux didier at bluenote.isr.umd.edu
Sat Aug 2 20:28:26 EST 2003

John H. <john at faraway.com> wrote:
> 3/08/03 12:37am

> Sadly, Patricia Goldman-Rakic recently died after being hit by a car while
> walking. A seminal contributor to our understanding of PFC circuitry, her
> loss is a big blow to the field. Her model of working memory, while largely
> unknown to many, will gain increasing importance over the coming years. It
> is at consoling to note that her contributions to field will continue to
> enrich it for many decades.

Sad news indeed. Wow!

						Didier

Didier A Depireux         ddepi001 at umaryland.edu  didier at isr.umd.edu
685 W.Baltimore Str      http://neurobiology.umaryland.edu/depireux.htm
Anatomy and Neurobiology                      Phone: 410-706-1272 (off)
University of Maryland                                      -1273 (lab)
Baltimore MD 21201 USA                             Fax: 1-410-706-2512