Pot is Good, Cops are Bad

Charlie Wilkes charlie_wilkes at easynews.com
Mon Aug 4 04:12:45 EST 2003

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 18:14:17 +1000, "John H." <john at faraway.com> wrote:

>Hey Charlie,
>
>Currently doing some research on varying light frequency effects on
>biological thingees and noted this. Perhaps you should conduct your own
>experiment ...

Yes.  Your research lies in an area of great interest to me.  I can
only say that any experiments I might perform will be on a tiny scale,
not worth publishing the results.

Conventional thinking in the horticultural world holds that blue light
is good for vegging, red light is good for fruiting.  The article
below suggests a specific role for far-red light enegy.

Many who use artificial lighting to grow budding marijuana plants will
say the red light is all you need throughout the growth cycle if you
pour it on in sufficient quantities -- i.e., get a big sodium lamp and
forget the blue end of the spectrum.

But I am interested in what gets left behind when one takes that
approach.  I tend to think it makes quite a difference in plant
chemistry, which is why I have always preferred outdoor dope.  What
are your thoughts?

Charlie