Charlie's Animal Research Lab seeks expert help.

The Puppy Wizard ThePuppyWizard at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 5 14:02:35 EST 2003

HOWEDY Eric,

"Eric Wilk" <Eric.Wilk at tufts.edu> wrote in message
news:3F2FFC8B.45526F40 at tufts.edu...

> The Puppy Wizard wrote:
>
> <VERY, VERY, VEEERRRRYYYY LONG SNIP>
>
> Kind of a tangent:
>
> I had an idea -- I wanted to know if dogs think of a
> car as another animal or an inanimate object.

Could be either or, depending on the individual's
experience with them.

> I thought I'd get a bunch of dogs that
> get jealous very easily and their owners,
> and have the owners start petting their
> car and giving it a lot of attention.

Could break the jealHOWESY.

> What do you think would happen?

The idea is identical to The Puppy Wizard's
Surrogate Toy Separation Anxiety / Bed Time
Calming Technique, where we say bye bye
to an object LAST on exiting, and hullo to IT,
FIRST, upon returning. Seems to give the dog
a sense of companionship and relief of the
RESPONSIBILITY of takin care of the HOWES.

Whether the car is thought of as sentinent being
or not by the dog, is irrelevent. The IDEA that
you're SHARING AFFECTION would do the
trick to encourage the dog to want to make
pals like his role model is doin.

Could prove very interesting, if the dog got
the mating urge...

The Puppy Wizard. <} ; ~ )  >

The parent and child was walkin past a field
where two dogs was "goin to tHOWEN," the
dog on the bottom had her front foot raised.
Child sez "what are them dogs doin over there?"
Parent sez, "that's not none of your business."
Child sez "I ain't goin no further till you tell me
what's them dogs doin!" Parent sez, "dog on
the bottom got a broken foot, and the other is
trying to push it to the HOWESpital."