Copper & Alzheimer's Disease

Tumbleweed tumbleweednews at theobvioushotmail.com
Fri Aug 15 03:13:04 EST 2003

"Ian Goddard" <igoddard at erols.mon> wrote in message
news:5imojvg7epf7fe7prq8o0lska9ml9aa62t at 4ax.com...
> >http://www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?id=ns99994045
> >
> >Researchers first noticed that the rabbits they use to model
> >Alzheimer's disease developed fewer plaques in their brains when they
> >drank distilled water rather than tap water. These insoluble plaques,
> >generated in the rabbits via a high-cholesterol diet, are a trademark
> >of the degenerative illness.
> http://www.pnas.org/cgi/content/abstract/1832769100v1
>
> An important take-home detail in the study above was the association
> between distilled water and reduced Abeta accumulation. The following
> abstract appears to refer to the same rabbit study prior to isolation
> of copper as the likely causal agent. The following abstract
> concludes:
>
>   "These findings suggest that water quality may impact
>   on human health in the setting of increased circulating
>   cholesterol levels, and could illustrate a truly simple
>   life-style change that could be of benefit in AD."

<snip>

*Simple* life style change? I doubt it since it would be practically
impossible to only ingest liquids made from distilled water over your
lifetime. In a lab trial its easy to restrict the liquid intake of a rabbit
in a cage, but unless you only ever drink water and no other liquids, this
would be a close to impossible task.
--
Tumbleweed

newsgroups)