Copper & Alzheimer's Disease

Ian Goddard igoddard at erols.mon
Fri Aug 15 08:42:49 EST 2003

"Tumbleweed" <tumbleweednews at> wrote:

>>   "These findings suggest that water quality may impact
>>   on human health in the setting of increased circulating
>>   cholesterol levels, and could illustrate a truly simple
>>   life-style change that could be of benefit in AD."
>*Simple* life style change? I doubt it since it would be practically
>impossible to only ingest liquids made from distilled water over your
>lifetime. In a lab trial its easy to restrict the liquid intake of a rabbit
>in a cage, but unless you only ever drink water and no other liquids, this
>would be a close to impossible task.

  IAN: It's not an all-or-nothing situation. Given that you should
  drink several cups of water every day, try to make them distilled
  water. Distilled water can be purchased in most grocery stores; or
  preferably, distill your own water. Coincidently I just purchased
  the 1600 model non-electric distiller from .

  Look for distillers without aluminum parts. I purchased my first
  distiller from Sears, and I believe the steam-collection coil was
  aluminum. That distiller lasted only about two years. Whereas the
  1600 from Water Wise uses your stove to heat the water, my unit
  that eventually broke self-heated. I like the 1600 model because
  it could last forever and contains no aluminum parts. The amount
  of residue removed by distillation from a couple gallons of water
  is remarkable. When you realize that junk would have otherwise
  been inside you, you actually see the case for distillation.

  "Our greatest illusion is to believe that we are what
   we think ourselves to be." Henri Amiel (1821-1881)