Copper & Alzheimer's Disease

Ian Goddard igoddard at erols.mon
Fri Aug 15 08:42:49 EST 2003

"Tumbleweed" <tumbleweednews at theobvioushotmail.com> wrote:

>>   "These findings suggest that water quality may impact
>>   on human health in the setting of increased circulating
>>   cholesterol levels, and could illustrate a truly simple
>>   life-style change that could be of benefit in AD."
>>

>*Simple* life style change? I doubt it since it would be practically
>impossible to only ingest liquids made from distilled water over your
>lifetime. In a lab trial its easy to restrict the liquid intake of a rabbit
>in a cage, but unless you only ever drink water and no other liquids, this
>would be a close to impossible task.

  IAN: It's not an all-or-nothing situation. Given that you should
  drink several cups of water every day, try to make them distilled
  water. Distilled water can be purchased in most grocery stores; or
  preferably, distill your own water. Coincidently I just purchased
  the 1600 model non-electric distiller from http://WaterWise.com .

  Look for distillers without aluminum parts. I purchased my first
  distiller from Sears, and I believe the steam-collection coil was
  aluminum. That distiller lasted only about two years. Whereas the
  1600 from Water Wise uses your stove to heat the water, my unit
  that eventually broke self-heated. I like the 1600 model because
  it could last forever and contains no aluminum parts. The amount
  of residue removed by distillation from a couple gallons of water
  is remarkable. When you realize that junk would have otherwise
  been inside you, you actually see the case for distillation.

  http://IanGoddard.net/journal.htm

  "Our greatest illusion is to believe that we are what
   we think ourselves to be." Henri Amiel (1821-1881)