Copper & Alzheimer's Disease

Arto Raiskio arto.raiskio at suomenposti.com
Fri Aug 15 12:49:32 EST 2003


"Tumbleweed" wrote
> Try living without that 'junk' and see how far you get. You need some of
> those minerals. The unknown q is, how much is too much and how little is
not
> enough.

your reply would appear to imply you do not comprehend the difference
between ionized, colloidal format of minerals vs. non-diffusible portion of
minerals.

couple items in abundance in common city water tap:

Lead-
Lead is absorbed into the body through the lungs, skin, and GI tract. When
it reaches the blood, the great majority of the lead is absorbed into the
red blood cells where it binds to hemoglobin and other chemicals. From the
blood, it is dispersed through the tissues, but most of the lead is
eventually stored in skeletal bone and can prevent calcium from entering and
depositing in bone.

Mercury-
Acute and chronic mercury poisoning affects the kidneys, central nervous
system, and the gastrointestinal tract. The three telltale symptoms of
mercury poisoning are impaired articulation, irregularity of muscular
action, and constricted visual fields. Mercury poisoning through chronic
exposure to metallic and inorganic forms of mercury generally produce
nervousness, lassitude, tremor, and mucous membrane irritation. Inorganic
mercury poisoning is associated primarily with peripheral effects, including
gastroenteritis and tubular nephritis, whereas organic compounds
predominantly affect the central nervous system (CNS), which may be severe
and irreversible.
Mercury can also render our sulfahydryl system (SH) defenseless. The SH
group is our first-line defense against free radicals entering the body.
Although mercury does not destroy or lower the total number of SH groups, it
can render them virtually inactive, thereby opening the door for increased
free radical activity and increase cellular damage caused by increased,
uncontrolled oxidative reactions.






More information about the Neur-sci mailing list