Copper & Alzheimer's Disease

Ian Goddard igoddard at erols.mon
Fri Aug 15 14:18:03 EST 2003

On 15 Aug 2003 11:01:28 -0700, ben_nur at hotmail.com (ada) wrote:

>Ian hi,
>
>Do you know if reverse osmosis system is any good?

 IAN: The book "Water, The Ultimate Cure" by Steve Meyerowitz
 says reverse osmosis extracts most pollutants including particulate,
 matter, lead, mercury, radium, and uranium. But it also says it can
 NOT remove toxic gases, chloroform, phenol, THMs, bacteria, viruses,
 some pesticides or organic compounds of low molecular weight. It also
 says reverse osmosis wastes 6 gallons of input water for every gallon
 of purified water; membrane replacement is costly; requires post and
 pre carbon filters; plumber is required for instillation; and water
 quality diminishes as the membrane ages. Distillation is better.

 The text generally disagrees with the views expressed on the page
 Tim initially cited that cautioned against distilled water. It says
 distilled water can be balanced (or reionized) by simply adding a few
 grains of rice to a gallon which it says is better than spring water,
 the contents of which may be unknown. It also says, "distilled water
 cannot attract organically bound minerals from our bones or cells."
 It also doubts that inorganic minerals in nondistilled water can
 be used by the body and quotes Dr Paul Bragg: "You can no more
 digest inorganic minerals than you can dirt." Is that true?

 I've never been able to find (and haven't spent a lot of time
 searching for) evidence supporting claims about the superiority
 of organic (colloidal) versus inorganic minerals. If anyone has
 scientifically valid evidence on that, please post it. The book
 I cite here came free with the distillation unit I bought, the
 title of which calls for caution regarding the claims therein.
 Most claims about water-cures and such strike me as quackery.

 http://IanGoddard.net/journal.htm

 "To practice justice is to practice liberty." Simon Bolivar