Cannabinoids are potent neuroprotective agents

Peter F fell_spamtrap_in at ozemail.com.au
Sat Aug 16 05:12:39 EST 2003

"John" <John at overhere.com.au> wrote in message
news:3f3cde7b at dnews.tpgi.com.au...

> I'm currently, vainly it seems, trying to understand transient psychosis
> induction by cannabinoids. Some progress. To be honest, I think you should
> focus your attention of cannabinoid - dopamine interactions. Note: have
seen
> quite a few refs to altered cannabinoid function in schizophrenia (high
> levels of CB 1 in prefrontal cortex mainly). Chronic upregulation of
> extracellular dopamine in striatum may be one means of neurotoxicity but
the
> antioxidant functions (v. good at stopping H2O2 I think) may counter this.
> Don't know, too difficult, everything in this game is too bloody
difficult.

Don't be discouraged --your overview of neurochemical issues is impressive
(especially considering that you are a self-confessed amateur. I believe
'one reason' (too simply put, but so what) for this difficulty is that what
you are up against is the *hardly even begun to be addressed* question of
where and *how* the brain stores (commonly involving neurons of the
amygdala) and, , perhaps more importantly, _reroutes_ CURSES (caused by the
spectrum of experiences most thoroughly understood as "_selective
Hibernation_ inducing type situations").

Just one of the rather ironic consequences of our AEVASIVE character.

Nevertheless, it seem to me to exist a trickle of a trend (and very
slow-moving) towards coming to terms with this tiny, but to our lives
fundamentally very important, aspect of What Is going on.

With regards,