Copper & Alzheimer's Disease

galya galya at volcanomail.com
Sat Aug 16 07:32:45 EST 2003

Ian Goddard <igoddard at erols.mon> wrote in message news:<725qjvke35rukl5iuihn047b1i8misihag at 4ax.com>...
> Tim Tyler <tim at tt1.org> wrote:
> Can you find anything related to
>   this via PubMed? If I had Alzheimer's, given the studies cited
>   in this thread, I'd probably aim for drinking mostly distilled.

Ian and Tim,

In his answer, Dr. Weil says the following (from the link that Ian
posted):

‘'While it's true that distillation removes minerals as well as
various contaminants from water, we don't know that the human body can
readily absorb minerals from water. We get our minerals from food, not
water. By one manufacturer's estimate, you would have to drink 676
eight-ounce glasses of tap water in Boston to reach the RDA for
calcium''

At the same time, Dr. Sparks (in the abstract that started this
discussion) found that the rabbits DID absorb copper from tap water.
Soooo, while it's impossible to get enough Ca and Mg from drinking
water, it might be a different for other minerals like copper, that we
need only in trace amounts.  Makes me wonder about the other parts of
his answer about which I know nothing.

Thank you,

galya