Copper & Alzheimer's Disease

George W. Cherry GWCherryHatesGreenEggsAndSpam at alum.mit.edu
Sun Aug 17 01:29:33 EST 2003

"Ian Goddard" <igoddard at erols.mon> wrote in message
news:u9mpjv4p25rn2qss7rpsmvb6av952kprtp at 4ax.com...
> "Tumbleweed" <tumbleweednews at theobvioushotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >>   "These findings suggest that water quality may impact
> >>   on human health in the setting of increased circulating
> >>   cholesterol levels, and could illustrate a truly simple
> >>   life-style change that could be of benefit in AD."
> >>

> >*Simple* life style change? I doubt it since it would be practically
> >impossible to only ingest liquids made from distilled water over your
> >lifetime. In a lab trial its easy to restrict the liquid intake of a
rabbit
> >in a cage, but unless you only ever drink water and no other liquids,
this
> >would be a close to impossible task.

>   IAN: It's not an all-or-nothing situation. Given that you should
>   drink several cups of water every day, try to make them distilled
>   water. Distilled water can be purchased in most grocery stores; or
>   preferably, distill your own water. Coincidently I just purchased
>   the 1600 model non-electric distiller from http://WaterWise.com .

This thread has just scared the hell out of me. I have
lived the last 11 years in Maine on a lot which has
no public water. So we have an artesian well. I have
never had the water tested. I certainly will have it
tested now. If it doesn't test safe, I will buy the same
non-electric distiller you have. BTW, why did you
buy a distiller two years ago?