Cannabinoids are potent neuroprotective agents

Peter F fell_spamtrap_in at ozemail.com.au
Mon Aug 18 09:09:07 EST 2003

You are obviously quite a wonderful bloke!

I wish you darn good luck during the rest of your life!

This since,you see, IF it were possible to put a pleasant spell on people
whom I thought especially deserved some counter-weight to CURSES, I would!
%-}

For a wild shot in the dark: Who knows, one day we might meet and do some
mutual cursing on a course of (and due to) golf. (A sport also eptly read
back-front. :-)

"John" <John at overhere.com.au> wrote in message
news:3f40ae9a at dnews.tpgi.com.au...

> [...]
>
> I'm also a self confessed idiot, the proof being that I would even bother
> with this madness in the first place. I'd rather dip my eye in hot
cockey's
> cack than keep reading more of this drivel but my brain has won the battle
> again. I hate my brain, it always making me do things that cost me time,
> money, and energy. I had expected that with all the drugs I had plied it
> with over the years that by now it would be happy little chappie but not
so,
> a never satisfied little bastard if ever there was one. Curses on my
brain,
> how I long for the feeling of Fern Hill (Dylan Thomas - beautiful,
> magnificient poet).
>
> There are days when I would rather walk backwards to Bourke than continue
> with this stuff. I reckon I must have a few kangaroos loose in the top
> paddock, or perhaps my common sense went walkabout and didn't come back.
> Just dunno mate, though I am one of the sharper tools in the shed I'd
rather
> put a shrimp on the barbie and knock back a few cold ones.
>
> Nonetheless if any discipline required the wisdom of Nietzsche, this game
is
> it: "The essential thing in heaven and on earth is that there is a long
> obedience in the same direction; there thereby results, and has always
> resulted in the long run, something which has made life worth living."
> (Beyond Good and Evil). So I follow the lead of that glorious poet, T S
> Eliot, "I read, much of the night, and go south in the winter." (The
> Wasteland) Surely current Neuroscience reifies his sentiment,
>
> The wisdom only the knowledge of dead secrets
> Useless in the darkness into which they peered
> Or from which they turned their eyes. There is, it seems
> to us
>
> At best, only a limited value
> In the knowledge derived from experience.
> The knowledge imposes a pattern, and falsifies,
> For the pattern is new in every moment
> And every moment is a new and shocking
> Valuation of all we have been ...
>
> T. S. Eliot, East Coker.
>
> Oh dear me I've been quoting poetry on a science ng. That'll annoy the
> serious sods. Some have suggested, tried to drive me into Neuroscience.
> Fools they be, a few eggs short of a dozen, a screw loose somewhere, I'd
> rather reify the wisdom of Heraclitus: "Man is most nearly himself when he
> achieves the seriousness of a child at play." Life is this country is just
> too good to take too much too seriously. I think to be really good in
> Neuroscience one needs to heed the words of Williams James,
>
> "I have often thought,' wrote William James, "the the best way to define a
> man's character would be to seek out the particular mental or moral
attitude
> in which, when it came upon him, fe felt himself most intensely active and
> alive. At such moments there is a voice inside which speaks and says:
'This