Rapid brain shrinkage an early sign of schizophrenia?

Steve Harris sbharris at ix.RETICULATEDOBJECTcom.com
Mon Aug 18 12:23:24 EST 2003

"Byte Me" <bytemyb at nana.com> wrote in message
news:Xns93DB7A9CC2782bytemybnanacom at 142.77.1.194...
> Considering that there's no such thing as the alleged
biological
> malfunction known as 'schizophrenia' I'd say that brain
shrinkage is much
> more likely to be observed in those who (for their own
reasons) obsessively
> maintain that this 'disorder' exists.

We use "schizophrenia" for completely delusional people who
think they are Jesus one day, the King of Norway the next,
and a secret government operative in charge of stopping the
alien invasion the next. And who often hear voices in their
heads telling them such things, which in times past they
attributed to supernatural, and today seem to attribute to
government or extraterrestrial technology.

Are you suggesting a better word, for this sad condition, or
are you saying such people don't exist?

SBH