Severe Attention Disorder Linked with Drug Abuse

Steve Harris sbharris at ix.RETICULATEDOBJECTcom.com
Mon Aug 18 12:28:47 EST 2003

"Jeff Utz" <kidsdoc2000 at hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:bhqej7$h57 at library1.airnews.net...

> It has been known for a while that kids with ADHD have
higher risk taking
> behaviors, including alcohol and drug abuse.

Therefore to treat this, we prescribe them a class of drugs
which is widely abused.

And "abusers" of this class of drugs (defined as people who
don't have a prescription), we jail. Do they have untreated
ADHD?  We don't want to know. Especially people who believe
there is such a thing as ADHD don't want to know. They
metaphorically stick their fingers in their ears and say
"la-la-la-la-la", when you bring up the topic.

SBH