Severe Attention Disorder Linked with Drug Abuse

Pete nospam Zakel pxhxz at cadence.com
Mon Aug 18 22:51:20 EST 2003

In article <bhrm2n$6rd$1 at slb9.atl.mindspring.net> "Steve Harris" <sbharris at ix.RETICULATEDOBJECTcom.com> writes:

>"Pete nospam Zakel" <pxhxz at cadence.com> wrote in message
>news:3f415471$1 at news.cadence.com...

>> Note that one study shows that kids with ADHD who are
>treated with that
>> class of drugs end up with a risk of alcohol and drug
>abuse equal to those
>> without ADHD.
>>
>> Doesn't that indicate that perhaps the treatment is
>working?

>One study shows that women who live in big cities are 3
>times as likely to get breast cancer as women who don't.

The two studies aren't comparable.

>Do you think this means all women should move to the
>suburbs?

Unless you know what causes the increase in breast cancer, suggesting
any solution is probably premature.  Especially one as radical as what
you suggest.

-Pete Zakel
 (phz at seeheader.nospam)

"Admiration: Our polite recognition of another's resemblance to ourselves."