Severe Attention Disorder Linked with Drug Abuse

dC drcomet at netzero.net
Tue Aug 19 14:14:52 EST 2003

"Pete nospam Zakel" <pxhxz at cadence.com> wrote in message
news:3f419eb8$1 at news.cadence.com...
> >Do you think this means all women should move to the
> >suburbs?
>
> Unless you know what causes the increase in breast cancer, suggesting
> any solution is probably premature.  Especially one as radical as what
> you suggest.

The point is:

Beware of Correlations!  Maybe the error occurs when the man on the street
takes studies at face value.  One valuable thing I learned in Research
Methods is that you've got to look behind those results to find out how
those researchers arrived at that conclusion.

As far as ADD goes, I have had attention deficit disorder all my life and
just got it diagnosed several years ago.  As a teen-ager, I treated myself
illegally with the use of dexedrine and felt like I could think ...  what a
dilemna, though, with the outside world labeling me an "addict"!

dC