Zwicker tone

John John at overhere.com.au
Wed Aug 20 08:02:22 EST 2003

Looking for neurontin, found this. Hey, at least supports my GABA idea.

https://www.tinnitusformula.com/info/articles/stud/brain.asp
Brain Receptors and Tinnitus
by Barry Keate
  There is significant new research from the Health Science Center at
Brooklyn and the Martha Entenmann Tinnitus Research Center, Brooklyn, NY
that suggests there is a common pathway through the brain for all tinnitus
regardless of the cause of the disorder. Drs. Abraham Shulman, Arnold
Strashun and Barbara Goldstein published the results of their work in The
International Tinnitus Journal, Volume 8, Number 1, 2002. under the title
GABA-Benzodiazepine-Chloride Receptor-Targeted Therapy for Tinnitus Control.

Dr. Shulman et al have been working for several years on the concept that
there is a central pathway through the brain through which all tinnitus
symptoms must travel. This pathway is a chemical receptor called the
gamma-aminobutyric acid-benzodiazepine-chloride receptor (GABA/BZ/Cl) in the
medial temporal lobe system. This paper supports the concept of a final
common pathway for all clinical types of tinnitus.

johnYYYcoe at tpg.com.au

remove YYY in reply
news:8ec4c623.0308100936.72a1a170 at posting.google.com...