Drug addiction relapse neurons identified

Glen M. Sizemore gmsizemore2 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 22 06:17:04 EST 2003

The behavioral effects of such stimuli have been known for 30 years. Funny
how, when one finds some neurons whose firing corresponds to the presence of
the stimuli, it is an Earth-shattering breakthrough. I guess the search for
inner causes that began with animism is still going strong. Don't get me
wrong, the neurobiological fact is interesting and may someday fit into some
larger picture ("drug addiction relapse neurons" indeed), but where was all
the hoopla when Goldberg was maintaining tens of thousands of lever presses
for a single cocaine injection on second-order schedules (a related
phenomenon)?

news:bi44rq$4dbu8$1 at ID-46710.news.uni-berlin.de...