Copper & Alzheimer's Disease

Ian Goddard igoddard at erols.mon
Fri Aug 22 09:59:06 EST 2003

> IAN: Last Friday I distilled three gallons with my new 1600
> Water Wise model. It was more labor intensive than the unit
> I had before, which was very similar to the table-top units
> from http://waterwise.com (it looked just like model 4000).

  UPDATE: I'm returning the model 1600 that I just purchased.
  At least for the unit I received, there's a serious problem.
  I purchased a long tube (about three-feet long) that runs to
  a three-gallon collection tank. I just noticed that along the
  path that the distilled water ran from the unit into the tank
  there is a copper(!!) colored residue that is very dark where
  the water first entered the tube and progressively lighter as
  it nears the end of the tube. The color is actually a shinny
  copper color! There's also a similar color at the water line
  on the collection tray. I do not know what this residue is,
  but no question it means the output water was NOT pure. I
  also don't know what kind of metal was used in soldering
  the many different pieces of metal in the complex unit.

  Given that my last distiller clearly appeared to have
  aluminum collection tubing, my feeling is that I don't
  have the time, resources, or inclination to hunt and
  peck for safe distillers. Moreover, if you purchase
  distilled water, you can't know what the distillation
  system used by the manufacturer is made of. The highly
  aggressive nature of distilled water (ie, it's tendency
  to attract metals) means any leechable metals in the
  system that come in contact with the water may pollute
  the water and thereby defeat the distillation process.
  With that in mind, I think for me the default decision
  is use spring water and simple carbon-filtered tap water.

  Copper & Alzheimer's Disease:
http://www.google.com/groups?selm=v92ojv8btt8ioq46dlpfkrb1e45nrhblt0%404ax.com

  Aluminum & Alzheimer's Disease:
http://www.google.com/groups?selm=gq8havshkhetd6s78ctbgvc8iev0gtma1n%404ax.com

  Iron & Alzheimer's Disease:
http://www.google.com/groups?selm=bhfmiv867s916mglu8ioerf60ninn8b2hs%404ax.com

  Mercury & Alzheimer's Disease:
http://www.google.com/groups?selm=3af37029.2307577%40news.erols.com

  http://IanGoddard.net/journal.htm

  "To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals." Ben Franklin

  Ongoing CR-monkey-study update: "In the monkeys...those on
  reduced feeding since the study started are dying at a rate
  that is about half that of the monkeys receiving a full food
  ration." Associated Press: Eating less may extend human life.
  August 1, 2002 : http://www.msnbc.com/news/788746.asp?0si=-