Deities cannot exist because of their consciousness

Sorgum Mitzdgrivitch Sorgumwich at Kosak.net
Thu Dec 11 13:39:20 EST 2003

Alan Wostenberg <awostenbergNospam at psalmweaver.com> wrote in
news:3FD00688.6030708 at psalmweaver.com:

> Wolf Kirchmeir wrote:
>  > On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 14:29:43 GMT, Dio wrote:
>
>  > BTW, as several people have pointed out, it's not possible to prove
> either
>  > that "god" exists or does not exist by any appeal to human
>  > experience or knowledge, since _by definition_ a "god" is
>  > supernatural.
>
> That impossibility follows on hypothesis ours is a world of closed
> natural causes, and nothing supernatural can "get in". But why can't
> the supernatural invade the natural? Why couldn't an Omnipotent Being
> reveal Himself to us?

I asked in a different thread:
What if a being was signifigantly more intelligent, compare a pet fish
to ourselves for contrast.
The fish probably does not really understand very well, what we are, it
probably thinks we are another fish.
Therefor if "godlike" beings existed (I did not say creator or anything
like the biblical god, just very advanced beings.) would we realize that
they were there or would we just look "through" them and see other
humans?(because we may not be able to accept what they really are.)