Axon collaterals ?

SeeBelow at SeeBelow.Nut SeeBelow at SeeBelow.Nut
Tue Dec 16 20:25:13 EST 2003

Matthew Kirkcaldie wrote:
> In article <Xns94539459E651FBilZ0rhotmailcom at>,
>  BilZ0r <BilZ0r at> wrote:
> > Yes, its very common. Just often another way a cell mediates negative
> > feedback.
> Why would an autapse from an excitatory neuron constitute "negative
> feedback"?  It would be a positive feedback loop if anything.
>          Matthew.

Which suggests that these autapses are likely to be inhibitory, but I
don't believe that's necessary.  Does anyone know whether most of them
are inhibitory?

Mitchell Timin

"Many are stubborn in pursuit of the path they have chosen, few in
pursuit of the goal." - Friedrich Nietzsche is what I'm into nowadays.
Humans may write to me at this address: zenguy at shaw dot ca