Can a haircut cause brain damage?

JLF revfordham at newnorth.net
Sat Feb 15 04:17:33 EST 2003

Oh, yes! Definitely! The social stigma of having long hair, in males,
creates an increased level of stress - tostesterone rises, and the
environmental challenges increase; the individual adapts via point mutation
to become more intelligent to cope with the new obstacles. In females, the
long hair nullifies levels of cognitive dissonance via accomodating role
models, lowers stress, increases self-esteen, and allows more efficient
utilization of resources.

It should be taken into account, though, the effect of the equipment used
during haircuts. Scissors, for example. Take an electromagnetically
conductive material and move it through a magnetic field (such as generated
by the electrical activity of the brain), and it should of necessity create
a current if grounded (as via being held in someone's hand). It should also
modify the flows of current in whatever the source of the magnetic field is;
resistance, etc. (what's the term? not inductance, I think,...) On the other
hand, take a piece of machinery creating a strong electromagnetic field from
an electric motor (such as electric clippers), and wave that magnetic field
near a large chunk of electromagnetically conductive material (such as nerve
cells), and that magnetic field should induce a current. What would a
current like that do to a human brain? Perhaps our friend, who was the
original poster of this thread, is an example.

news:pan.2003.02.11.14.15.35.926171 at NOSPAM.hotmail.com...