Justifying "Hibernation" as more than a neuropsychobiological metaphor for repressed feelings caused by traumatic situations.

Kenneth Collins k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net_NOSPAM
Mon Feb 24 10:17:06 EST 2003

"rebalation" should've been "revalation" ["rebelation"? :-]

and "god" is "good".

ken

"Kenneth Collins" <k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net_NOSPAM> wrote in
message
news:cAq6a.48932$rq4.4048497 at bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
| "Peter F" <fell_spamtrap_in at ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
| news:rwi6a.191$jq6.5672 at nnrp1.ozemail.com.au...
| |
| | "Kenneth Collins" <k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net_NOSPAM> wrote in
| message
| |
news:csb6a.47714$rq4.3960666 at bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
| | > Hi, Peter. How does your stuff differ from run of the mill
| | > "depression"?
| | >
| | > ken
| |
| | Hi Ken,
| |
| | Close but not quite! :-)
| |
| | It _is_ a way of looking, primarily, at _repression_ (not
| depression) from a
| | somewhat different angle and seeing it in a more
| encompassing-than-usual
| | explanatory (philosophical/terminological) context.
| |
| | Not "depression", since the best [IMO] use for this word is to
| refer
| | specifically to 'psychoemotionally down' states and NOT to
| | 'psychoemotionally up' (or manic) states EVEN THOUGH they are at
| the
| | opposite ends of the same 'evolved functional scale' of
| neurological
| | repression in action.
| |
| | When I write "depression" I do so in a sense clearly opposed to
| creative and
| | constructive or crazy and chaos-generating "mania".
| |
| | To me depression (in the sense of being 'psychoemotionally down')
| is a
| | serotonin and dopamin depleted symptom of being 'thus stuck' (so
| speak).
|
| I agree that it's good to recognize that there's a continuum
| inherent, that it's good to connote the extremes distinctly,
| including their behavioral and affective qualitative distinctions,
| but it's also god to keep tract of the continuum, and the
"inversion"
| that occurs at its 'midpoint'. In AoK, this's what I do in Ap4,
| referring to the continuum inherent as the "continuum of relative
| familiarities", and pinning down the qualities of behavior and
| affect, at every 'point' along the continuum, in terms of relative
TD
| E/I 'velocity'. Because TD E/I constitutes a quantitative 3-D
| mapping, doing it in this way simultaneously pins down neural
| activation everywhere within a nervous system in terms of
'momentary'
| locus upon the "continuum of relative familiarities", which is
| extremely-useful because it makes possible the rigorous
| cross-correlation of myriad discrete experimental results, all
| relative to the one, TD E/I measure, and, simultaneously, just as
| rigorously with respect to easyily-quantifiable "relative
| familiarity". In AoK, these things are discussed at a higher
'level'
| in Ap7 & 8.
|
| | Usually mainly as a result of the kind (and variety) of adverse
| experiences,
| | and the corresponding category of memories that are normally
| automatically
| | and unavoidably as if "conditioned in" by these experiences,
| repressive
| | neurological reflexes (acquired through learning as well as
| activated purely
| | by environmentally provoked instinctive pain-"gating" mechanisms)
| keep us
| | from becoming distressfully and self-defeatingly directly
conscious
| about
| | [or, as I like to put it: "selective Hibernation keeps us from
| "paying" full
| | and _futile_ flight or fight type actention to"] SHITS (sEPTic
| humored term
| | that represents: from gradually to suddenly traumatizing, or
| "selective
| | Hibernation imploring", life-time events or situations) come
| "CURSES" (or
| | "CCKHHURSES").
|
| I agree, but see the "automation" occurring as a function of
learning
| defficiencies, That is, there's 'blind'-automation in-there, but it
| can be transcended ['switched-off'] via experience that enables
folks
| to learn about how nervous systems process information. There's
| nothing "unavoidable" in-there. Like anything else, all that's
| necessary is to experiencing learning with respect to it, and 'the'
| brain reconfigures itself so that it functions in accord with this
| new learning. There's no 'magic' in any of this. Neurons undergo
| trophic dynamics, building "biological mass" [AoK, Ap5] in rigorous
| accord with the activation that they actually experience.
Thereafter,
| the biological mass exists in a way that's exactly analogous to
| "mass" in Physics [the 'two' are one-and-the-same stuff [which is a
| rebalation with respect to all of Science, not only because all
| Science is done via 'the' brain, but because the concept of
| "biological mass" extends directly to all of chemistry both organic
| and inorganic [although, in the latter, the "biological" modifier
is
| properly dropped] - all electrodynamics. Sush recognizing of the
| physically-real existence of "mass", in all its forms, has
| extraordinary usefulness within Science, and within everyday common
| experience. In the future, such will enter into everyday common
| discourse. Folks will talk about the "relative mass" of behavioral
| and affective propensities, simultaneously comprehending what such
| means in terms of the work inherent in their 'moving' from where
they
| are to where they want to be, with respect to some 'goal' that they
| want to achieve, for instance. There's great worth in all of this
| because, the way things've been has been 'blind' to all of this
| flat-out crucial 'internal' work, so 'decisions' have been made
that
| do not take it into account, or which 'guesstimate' it, and are
| doomed to failure before the first action is taken with respect to
| them. In the future, such 'guesstimation' will become laughably the
| hallmark of pre-Human conditions.
|
| | The last concEPT of mine - it is allowed to be spelled either
way,
| or even
| | to be misspelt (by direct permission from the author) - that you
| have also
| | seen before, has [IMO] a more efficient, tight, profound and
| explicitly defi
| | ned meaning than any of the more conventional alternative
concepts
| (or
| | expressions) that I know of (e.g. "traumatic memories",
"engrams",
| "primal
| | pain", or 'memories at the root of PTSD').
|
| Yeah, I've seen a lot of "SHITS" in my 'time' - it often seems to
me
| that I was born for the sole purpose of neverendingly 'shoveling'
| such :-]
|
| I'm =finally= coming to understand the stuff you've been
discussing,