Are we motivated by sex or communcation?

John H. johnh at faraway.xxx
Mon Feb 24 20:05:13 EST 2003

I wouldn't bother arguing with Freud. Carl Jung took Freud to task on his
sex emphasis. Sex is a major drive but so is status, common to most primates
if not all. I think we need to be careful in trying to reduce all human
behaviour to a few basic drives, we often up with too many "just so"
stories. That neocortex of ours does seem to have a mind of its own and is
not necessarily entirely constrained by our genetic heritage.

John H.

news:b3astd$ia6$1 at uns-a.ucl.ac.uk...