Justifying "Hibernation" as more than a neuropsychobiological metaphor for repressed feelings caused by traumatic situations.

Peter F fell_spamtrap_in at ozemail.com.au
Tue Feb 25 01:42:18 EST 2003

"Kenneth Collins" <k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net_NOSPAM> wrote in
<snip>
> I agree, but see the "automation" occurring as a function of learning
> defficiencies,

The way I understand "learning deficiencies", and perceive the explanatory
context in
which you just used this expression, the only _normal_ learning
defficiencies of relevance here would be "deficiencies" in the sense of
'less-than-ideal' brain functional responses and mental/behavioural outcomes
(in either case characterizable as "AEVASIVE"), and more or less uncertain
outcomes as far as our future evolutionary success (or failure) goes.

Being deeply locked-in to our phenotype by inevitable (and to me nowadays
rather
obvious) naturally selective situations in our phylogeny -- hence, what I
imply is thus locked-in is generally VERY HARD though not in every case
impossible to 'shake', our capacity and inbuilt inclination to be AEVASIVE
provides us with both strenghts and weaknesses" [or, as I can only
assume you would agree to alternatively put it: ditto "adaptational
surpluses and _deficiencies_"].

[By the way, the last expression NOT within brackets does better (IMO)
express -- by
virtue of the concept AEVASIVE being 'intrinsically' more informative and
indicative of deep, clear (theoretically transparent), broad, and balanced
(evenly intellectually integrated) insight --
'essentially' the same thing as is expressed by a statement such as: "Our
capacity to become _neurotic_ is both a curse and a blessing" [as far as I
remember (so not to be taken as a letter perfect quotation), words to that
effect was written by Arthur Janov].

(Also, by the way, I associate your words, "learning deficiencies", with
Hans
Selye's expression "disease of adaptation".)

Brain functional responses and behavioural outcomes that follow from
incidences of SHITS (and the fact that SHITS normally get "conditioned-in"
and fester (even *after* the environmental attributes of a specific SHITS
have
ceased to exist) in the form of "CURSES" (type memories).

The fact that SHITS type challenges of living organisms are so frequently
'fabricated' (by our oh so indifferent 'Mother Nature' ;) -- i.e., of course
not 'fabricated' exclusively, but alternated with, and (very significantly
as far as an "'Evolutionarily Profound' Thinking" ;-> and philosophically
ultimate understanding of ourselves partly in term of "AEVASIVE" is
concerned) often in spatio-temporal _'overlap'_ with non-SHITS Adverse
[type] evolutionary and/or motivational pressures, AND with Opportune
[type] such -- throughout our phylogeny, is something that you (like almost
everybody else) might need to remain ignorant about if you are to stay as
happy (or not get any less unhappy) than you are;

Compared to me, you still take _too lightly_ the (what I for my once concEPT
contriving purpose still refer to as) "ambi-advantageously evolved" aspect
of our 'genophenotype' [including our cultures, personalities, behaviours,
and our (only marginally unique) human psychophysioanatomy] to 'pass'
(through my filter) and 'qualify' as a fully fledged
EPT (or fully EPT-aligned) "overviewer" of [and, in a sense, also as an
'effective philosophy terminator' within %] "What Is going on".

*Would* you eventually pass/qualify, then I promise to immediately reward
you by registering you as an 'associate underling agent' of my own EAIMC
Internetional Ptd. Lty. All sloppy writes copied and righted deservedly.
:-)

<snip>

> I'm =finally= coming to understand the stuff you've been discussing,
> all these years, Peter - the 'bridge' has been building itself, in
> the background as a result of the interaction we've shared, and I'm
> Grateful for the experience I've had as a result of the work you've
> done, Peter.

That was nice to hear!

All the best!

Peter

P.S. Apropos your adaptively optimistic (and my EPTly realistic) opinion
about our inbuilt capacity to self-regulate, I suggest you try to thoroughly
check-out the info at www.primaltherapy.com .

Note the title of the new, yet to be released, book by Janov. The title fits
very well in with my 'self-Edutained, Primal Theory aligned, attitude.
D.S.