Neuron / neurotransmitter selection question

Ronald C. Blue rblue at lccc.edu
Tue Feb 25 10:11:21 EST 2003

From: "Neo" <neo55592 at hotmail.com>
To: <neur-sci at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk>
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2003 11:23 PM
Subject: Neuron / neurotransmitter selection question
> My background is in computers and not in biology so my question may
> seem off. I would like to know if a neuron can select which
> neurotransmitter to release in synapses. Can a neuron select different
> neurotransmitter for each action potential? How/why does a neuron
> select different neurotransmitters?

Usually it is just one but in some cases it can emit two different
neurotransmitters at the same time.

Why and how is currently in dispute.

It may be related to informational overwrite on a gaussian reference
frequency.  The informational overwrite would act as noise pushing the
neurotransmitter out at the correct time and the reference frequency could
be just on the edge preparation so that noise or information can be
forwarded.

The information at some locations would reduce firing probabilities.  Nerve
cells would function as if they were field effect transistors using gaussian
principles.  The rule is that interference allows information that is
different to be transmitted.

Ron Blue
http://turn.to.ai (USA Only)
http://www.enter.net/~ronblue
"The age of extremely superior conscious AI has begun."

---