Completely OT: President Carter: Alternative to War

Philippe Coulon coulon at uni-duesseldorf.-remove-de
Tue Feb 25 11:15:38 EST 2003

Hi Ken!

Full quote to f'up:

"Philippe Coulon" <coulon at uni-duesseldorf.-remove-de> wrote [in
bionet.neuroscience] <snip>
http://www.cartercenter.org/viewdoc.asp?docID=1165&submenu=news

>>> I agree with you, Mr. President.
>>
>> Where exactly do you see a connection to neuroscience?
>> AOL?
>> SCNR Phil
>>

> Hi, Phil.My long-standing position is that it falls to
> Neuroscience to explicate the behavioral and affective
> dynamics that underpin war - basically, that war happens
> because Neuroscience allows it to happen by inadequately
> communicating its findings.

Hm. Ack. But who would listen? I believe that some leaders have
never heard the word "neuroscience".

> So, forgive me, please, I could not post anything more
> on-topic than a Leader calling for the ascendency of Reason
> with respect to the absence of Reason inherent in war.

You are forgiven. :)

> I understand, though, that my post is 'offensive' - that's a
> big part of the problem that I routinely address here in b.n.

Well I think b.n. is not quite the right place to do so. So I
have made a xpost & f'up2 alt.anti-war. If you don't mind, that
is. NOI

Greetz Phil