image registration and alignment problems in neuroscience

Kenneth Collins k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net_NOSPAM
Thu Feb 27 23:11:16 EST 2003

Hi Nick, 've viewed both "registered" outputs, and see the "slide
movement" to which you refer.

I also browsed the manual for the "TurboReg software. It refers to
"landmarks", which I presume are points on images in your series that
you select as "reference points".

Are you setting such "landmarks" [manually-set registration points]in
the images pre-registration?

Or is the software supposed to align everything automatically?

If the 2nd case is 'true', then the software is getting confused
about the points it selects to align.

I'd explore using "landmarks", preferably on every image [course I
might be out in left field :-]

I didn't download the ".pdf" manual for the other software, so I
don't know if it uses manually-set registration points.

Good luck,

ken

"Nick" <lifanshi at usc.edu> wrote in message
news:3e5e996b.12903163 at news.usc.edu...
| I have encountered the problems in image registration and
laignment,