Stay hungry to stay bright (one for Mr. Goddard)

John H. john at faraway.com
Sat Jul 19 07:51:54 EST 2003

For example, I read one abstract claiming that in anorexia nervosa there is
marked reduction in the temporal and parietal and ... (mem failure). DR is a
paradoxical thing, you'd think more food would be good and the body would
respond with trophic factors when nutrients for growth are available.
Evolution must have stumbled there.

DR also markedly enhances heat shock proteins, which may be part of the
trophic factor package but I think there are studies showing it acts
independently of trophics. Hsps can be very protective little buggers.

It is caloric restriction, not nutrient restriction, I'd go chase after
insulin dynamics.

johnYYYcoe at tpg.com.au

remove YYY in reply
news:HjpRa.12722$oa4.9410 at fe02.atl2.webusenet.com...