AME-359 - New drug could help beat cocaine addiction ??

Richard Schimelfenig DHempman at nospam.yahoo.com
Tue Jul 22 08:35:05 EST 2003

"flick" <flick at starband.net> wrote in message
news:dU6Ta.18$Fg1.2621496 at twister1.starband.net...
> "Eric Johnson" <erj66 at xs4all.nl> wrote in message
> news:BB42C342.1C494%erj66 at xs4all.nl...
> > On 7/22/03 8:37 AM, in article
>
> > Only because you make it so.
>
> it isn't necessary for anybody to begin using cocaine as a plaything

And, it is not nbecesary for anyone to get your permission. It is none of your
business. But, that is not what Eric was refering to.

> *I* don't make anybody use cocaine as a plaything

But, your complicity in prohibition is what makes cocaine's price higher than
it would be in a regulated market.  THAT is what Eric was saying.

> Telling me I'm responsible for somebody using cocaine as a plaything is a
> LIE, EJ.

That is not what he said. What he did say is that it is none of your business,
and that prohibition drives the price beyond that which it would be in a
properly regulated markey.

> Because i've never given anybody cocaine.  I've never sold anybody cocaine.
> and i've never told anybody they should use cocaine as a toy.

But, your complicity in prohibition is responsible for driving the black
market, which causes prices to be significantly greater than they would be in a
properly regulated market. That is the source of crime.

> and i've sure as hell never even implied that it'd be okay to do it, except
> that it's illegal, and it's "artificially" bad.

No one has said anything about it being "OK" to do. What has been said is that
it is really none of your business, and that your complicity in prohibition is
the driving force behind the black market.

Whether is is "bad" or not is a relative thing. I would go into the discussion
of relative harm, which I have done in the past, but clearly you are not
interested in such fact based discusison, but prefer an overblown emotional
denial of the fact that it is none of your business.

> like the legalizers do.  like you do.

No one has implied that it is "OK" to do. That is your intentional
misrepresentation of the scale of relative risks, and the fact that we are
saying that it is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!!