Challenging a classification under the Misuse of Drugs Act ?

Jasbird jasbird#deletethis# at myrealbox.com
Tue Jul 22 12:26:53 EST 2003

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 17:51:57 +0100, "boogaloo" <goaway at yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

>    It can cause sickness- I have seen with my own eyes someone be sick
> form what was 2CB.

Well that's better than nothing at all. So, as it may cause sickness
(I'm provisionally taking your word for that), do you think we should
put it in class C?  On the basis that as hardly anyone is using it,
it's clearly several hundred degrees less dangerous than opiates, it
is not addictive, there seems to be no community of problem users - in
fact - no community of users at all.

>> 1. Saying that it does not have a good effect is contradicted by
>> hundreds of reports of its use which all state that it has a good
>> effect on those people who are inclined to use it.  Do a google search
>> yourself.
>
>    Well a while ago you stated it had no drug like effect. I can't be
> arsed doing a google cos I don't care that much.

When I mentioned harmless non-drug substances I was referring to
millions of other substances classified under the Misuse of Drugs Act
as dangerous class A drugs. For example, stuff such as
2,3-butylenedioxymethamphetamine.