Challenging a classification under the Misuse of Drugs Act ?

boogaloo goaway at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 22 13:04:59 EST 2003

"laughingboy" <laughingboy at tellmeimcute.com> wrote in message
news:16a4198.0307220921.89c50e6 at posting.google.com...
> "boogaloo" <goaway at yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:<bfjimo$fb6tn$1 at ID-177670.news.uni-berlin.de>...
> > "Jasbird" <jasbird#deletethis#@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
> > news:gvfqhvc0jsko3sr47t22ha9bp7cba2ucem at 4ax.com...
> > > Question. How do I challenge the classification of a drug under the
> > > Misuse of Drugs Act?
> > >
> > > Is anyone up for this?  Ideally any lawyers or neuroscientists. At the
> > > very least - it should force the Home Office to explain why a mad law
> > > exists.
> > >
> > > I have a few candidate drugs:  DHEA, 2C-B, some other substance
> > > currently classed as a class A drug which has no drug-like effect at
> > > all.  Eg.  2,3-butylenedioxymethamphetamine.
> >
> >     2CB is sometimes sold as Extacy and certainly does have an effect-
not a
> > good one though so certainly should be banned as it can only do harm.
>
> I was going to ask what the street name of 2C-B was but if its
> anything like Ecstasy then your argument is way off the bat.  I've
> seen many a pillhead get very messy on that stuff, as in definite
> long-term side effects.

    By effect I really meant the effect of taking ectasy short term i.e. a
high. I agree that long term abuse causes damage and I can't understand why
there is such poor education about this. Various organistations claim that
just taking one pill can kill which is highly inaccurate (as it is usually
due to over-drinking) whereas the long term effects are ignored and it's
these that are probably worse.