Lax parents blamed for 'attention deficit' behaviour

Bob xyzbbruner at uclink4.berkeley.edu
Tue Jul 22 22:52:12 EST 2003

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 09:00:22 -0400, "Jeff Utz"
<kidsdoc2000 at hotmail.com> wrote:

>Considering that there are definite differences in brains between people
>with ADHD and people without it, and other biological differences, like
>differences in reactions to drugs, I believe that, without a doubt, ADHD is
>real.

But the claim is not necessarily that it does not exist at all, but
rather that it is over-diagnosed (esp in USA). In fact, the original
post says that Dyer would agree with that.

>From what you know (above)... can you distinguish those two cases?
That is, whatever you consider to be "legit" ADHD, can you estimate
its prevalence?

bob