cerebro-spinal-fluid

r norman rsn_ at _comcast.net
Wed Jul 23 10:26:04 EST 2003

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 10:41:31 -0400, Kalman Rubinson <kr4 at nyu.edu>
wrote:

>On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 03:33:41 -0400, "Mike Dubbeld" <miike at erols.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Yeah, well I am doing it. I send it down then back up my spine. It comes
>>as no surprise it is not believable. I learned this from practicing
>>yoga.
>
>It's not yoga; it's gravity and hydrostatics.
>
>Kal

Its not that, either.  CSF has the same density as everything else and
won't flow by gravity inside a fluid-filled body. Hydrostatics is OK.

I believe the main movement is produced by the slight pressure at
which is is produced by the choroid plexus.  I have seen claims that
respiratory and circulatory movements can influence the flow.