Zwicker effect

r norman rsnorman_ at
Tue Jun 3 08:01:54 EST 2003

I am responding to your specific query by private email.  I feel
uncomfortable talking about specific commercial products on the news

Incidentally, no clinical person ever mentioned that the hearing aid
might be effective at reducing the annoyance of my tinnitus so don't
consider an aid for that purpose.  It is just an observation that
seems to be true for me. It may be purely a "psychological" effect --
that is, with the aids I just don't care about the ringing and others
may respond quite differently.