Never mind

KP_PC k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jun 9 22:53:07 EST 2003

Hi Kim,

First, some Observations - in Celebration
of you [Forgive me, Please, I don't mean to
'embarrass' you, but I =Need= to Feel what
I do Feel because you 'bathe' me in your
Kindness - and I want to share it with you
because it's Rare and Wonderful stuff, as
far as I'm concerned. I always Celebrate
encounters with the Extraordinary :-]

I light of my 'hard' online 'persona', you are
Extraordinarily-Kind.

I find Courage such as you are manifesting
some of the most-Beautiful stuff there is.

You Dare to 'Touch' me, in the midst of my
Raw, just-do-what-needs-to-be-done-ness.

Unafraid, you are 'just' Human 'with-me'.

You don't come on 'tentatitive', or 'wary',
as most folks deem to be 'appropriate' with
'me' [which I Understand, and Accept as a
Consequence of the superficial 'hardness'
with which I Guard my Being, while having
to exist out-there, at the edge of what's
Known].

Do you See-through such? Have 'x-ray
vision' with respect to my superficial
'hardness'?

You See-through-it? [If it's something else,
don't tell me. I like the Thought as it stands :-]

I cannot convey to you how Extraordinary
you are in what is now my decades-long
experience.

But the 'me' I remember, from before I saw
what would be the 'costs' that whould accrue
to me, receives your Kindness as a 'cool-
drink' for a 'parched' Spirit.

So Welcome.

I will renew my efforts to reach-out, offline,
in the Spirit of your Cogent advice.

But, first, I've got to find a way to feed and
shelter myself.

You Dare to 'Touch' me :-]

HURRAH!!!

Forgive me. Please, and if you care to,
in reply, quote only the following [so my
'heart's overflowing will not 'weigh'-heavily
between us]:

What Science do you do?

What are your particular interests?

What problems are you up-against?

Cheers, Kim, ken

"Kim" <kn.green at nospamvirgin.net> wrote in message
news:Xns9395D9DFCD729kimnopsamclaracouk at 140.99.99.130...
> [...]
| to grasp what you have done, and what you
| want to continue to do. Hence a simple web
| page with a simple abstract/summary and
| flow diagrams etc. would be best with the
| detailed information later on, once their
| curiosity has increased.
|
| Maybe you should ask to work as a research
| technician - certainly here in the UK we have
| such people who carry out their own research
| and publish. Remember only a tiny percentage
| of scientists will ever see this newsgroup,
| and so I always feel the pro-active approach
| works best, so email away!
|
| I do not know your history, and you have
| certainly been in "science" far longer than
| I have, although my own career is highly
| conventional, but that is the advice I would
| give you, without wanting to be patronising
| or otherwise.
|
| Perhaps the other researchers who do
| read these newsgroup postings would
| add their comments/suggestions? I get the
| impression they would be welcomed.
|
| Thanks,
| Kim
|

| "KP_PC" <k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net> wrote in news:Ii5Fa.196148
| $ja4.10397463 at bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:
|
| > Oh Dear Kim!
| >
| > Your Gentle-Caring touches my
| > 'tired-heart'.
| >
| > My specific problem stems from the debt
| > I accumulated while doing my research.
| >
| > Because of it, I could not apply to programs
| > even though they are often funded here in the
| > U. S. also.
| >
| > I wouldn't have been able to make the
| > monthly payments.
| >
| > Now, I'm debt-free, but have been living
| > from day-to-day in greatly-'unsettled'
| > circumstances - basically, out of boxes,
| > while my Dad's estate is being 'settled'.
| >
| > It's hard to 'gear-up' for a PhD program
| > when one is living out of boxes.
| >
| > The other thing about them is that it'd
| > 'force' me to go back into the 'dark
| > ages', and I just don't know if my Spirit
| > would be 'tolerable' to others - it'd be
| > always wanting to 'lift-up' just about
| > everything that it encountered in a
| > 'standard' PhD program
| >
| > But I do hope I'll be picked-up by some
| > group that just wants to do Good-Neuro-
| > science, or Physics, or both.
| >
| > But, because of the Spirit-Stuff, I'm
| > trying to leave my coming somewhere
| > up to others - folks who Love Science,
| > and who'll be Glad to receive the work
| > I've done, and to 'tolerate me' :-]
| >
| > Perhaps if I can get my stuff out of boxes,
| > I'll, then, be able to pursue the PhD
| > route - but perhaps not. I'll soon be 56, and
| > who wants to 'invest' in a 56-year-old?
| >
| > It's been a Hard Life - I've Rarely experienced
| > Joy like your Gentle-Caring has 'breathed' into
| > my Being.
| >
| > For this 'moment' it's not so Hard.
| >
| > So Thank You, Kim.
| >
| > Love, ken
| >
| > [Can I say "Love" to a Stranger? kpc]
| >
| > "Kim" <kn.green at nospamvirgin.net> wrote in message
| > news:Xns9395A6401D0C7kimnopsamclaracouk at 140.99.99.130...
| >|
| >|
| >| $cO3.8212348 at bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:
| >|