HCV and neurological function

John H. johnh at faraway.xxx
Wed Jun 11 08:22:33 EST 2003

Do searches at these engines below, make sure you use advanced search for
Sirus or expect a flood. Studies have been conducted, deficits can be
discerned in non-symptomatic HIV individuals. Hep C also known to be in
neurons. Viruses like neurons. Try strings: HIV and cognition (513 hits),
HIV AND cognition AND asymptomatic(76hits). Keep in mind that deficits may
be quite small. The below article gives you an idea of how subtle

  Winsauer PJ, Moerschbaecher JM, Brauner IN, Purcell JE, Lancaster JR Jr,
Bagby GJ, Nelson S. Related Articles, Links
 Alcohol unmasks simian immunodeficiency virus-induced cognitive impairments
in rhesus monkeys.
Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2002 Dec;26(12):1846-57.
PMID: 12500109 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

I looked at similiar issues in relation to mild brain trauma. While usual
testing won't reveal anything, the addition of another stressor can unmask a
deficit. Not too many studies in this area but what is available suggests
that such deficits will arise in the real world, even if only occasionally.

John H.

http://www.scirus.com/?c
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi
news:da8f0a45ad8becc31917dfb2e61ea904 at news.meganetnews.com...