Neuron tracing

jamie jboyd at
Wed Jun 11 17:51:21 EST 2003

MohammadReza Namavar wrote:

>                                    Dear Professors
>I am PhD students in anatomical sciences in Iran. I
>have been awarded a six-month grant to pursue my
>studies toward Neuron Tracing. If you know a center
>that work on Neuron Tracing at Canada Universities,
>please write me  and if you can direct me about that
>I am looking forward to hearing from you at your
>earliest convenience.
>My E-mail is: namavarreza at
>With all good wishes for you.
>Your sincerely,
>M. Reza Namavar
>Do you Yahoo!?
>Yahoo! Calendar - Free online calendar with sync to Outlook(TM).
What do you mean by neuron tracing anyways? Do you mean classical
techniques like retrograde or anterograde transport of tracers like HRP?
Lots of neuroscience labs do that; it would be hard to find one that
doesn't.  Or do you mean functional imaging techniques like fMRI that
can be used to trace activation pathways? Check out diffusion-tensor
imaging for a way to study trajectory of fiber bundles using fMRI, i.e.,
techniques that can be used on live humans. I know that Nick Swindale at
UBC ophthalmology dept. is involved in this.  It might be of interest to