Neuron tracing

jamie jboyd at sfu.ca
Wed Jun 11 17:51:21 EST 2003

MohammadReza Namavar wrote:

>                                    Dear Professors
>I am PhD students in anatomical sciences in Iran. I
>have been awarded a six-month grant to pursue my
>studies toward Neuron Tracing. If you know a center
>that work on Neuron Tracing at Canada Universities,
>please write me  and if you can direct me about that
>subject.
>
>I am looking forward to hearing from you at your
>earliest convenience.
>My E-mail is: namavarreza at yahoo.com
>With all good wishes for you.
>
>Your sincerely,
>M. Reza Namavar

>Yahoo! Calendar - Free online calendar with sync to Outlook(TM).
>http://calendar.yahoo.com
>---

What do you mean by neuron tracing anyways? Do you mean classical
techniques like retrograde or anterograde transport of tracers like HRP?
Lots of neuroscience labs do that; it would be hard to find one that
doesn't.  Or do you mean functional imaging techniques like fMRI that
can be used to trace activation pathways? Check out diffusion-tensor
imaging for a way to study trajectory of fiber bundles using fMRI, i.e.,
techniques that can be used on live humans. I know that Nick Swindale at
UBC ophthalmology dept. is involved in this.  It might be of interest to
you.

Sincerely,

jamie