KP_PC k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jun 23 12:42:33 EST 2003

"Supreme Court Splits on Diversity Efforts at University of Michigan", By DAVID STOUT

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/06/23/politics/23WIRE-COURT.html

Quoting from the New York Times Article:

"Chief Justice Rehnquist, writing for the majority, found that in considering undergraduate applicants, the university had violated the Equal Protection Clause of the Constitution."

Before there can be "equal protection" there must, first, be Equality.

As I've discussed in the past, be-cause of Governmentally-Sanctioned Withholding of Educational Opportunity, every Black Child is born Unequal.

So, this part of the SUpreme Court's Ruling rings-Hollow to me, in a way that's Sorrowful - in the 'moment' in which Truth could have been 'moved toward', the Supreme Court Chose to 'look-askance' - to 'skirt the issue' - to 'move away from' Truth.

The result will be yet more Writhing of Society under the Burden to 'randomness'.

K. P. Collins