Zwicker effect

Didier A. Depireux didier at tango.isr.umd.edu
Wed Jun 25 20:34:35 EST 2003

Charlie Wilkes <charlie_wilkes at easynews.com> wrote:

> man there is selling a machine that generates some sort of ultrasonic
> melody.  It costs $130, and he has customers who vow it has been
> effective in calming their nervous pets.  What do you think?

Sorry, I don't think. I know some about the mechanism of hearing, but I know
nothing about music and a putative calming effect on dogs. Now would I
venture a guess.

						Didier

Didier A Depireux         ddepi001 at umaryland.edu  didier at isr.umd.edu
685 W.Baltimore Str      http://neurobiology.umaryland.edu/depireux.htm
Anatomy and Neurobiology                      Phone: 410-706-1272 (off)
University of Maryland                                      -1273 (lab)
Baltimore MD 21201 USA                             Fax: 1-410-706-2512