Announcing: Answers To Top 10 Questions About The Brain

Mr Michael Bibby s4032484 at student.uq.edu.au
Mon Jun 30 01:25:07 EST 2003

>On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 08:44:16 +0100, David Longley
><David at longley.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>More significantly - who *answered* the questions?

this, i believe is a good question. the fact that you have posted this website
means that you are making an 'appeal to authority'- therefore, it is perfectly
resonable to question the authority to which you appeal. i am my own authority
on all matters which i consider and gauge the varacity of the explainations
which are offered at this website to be of perfunctory stardard: i gauge these
'explainations' to be utterly vacuous and incommensurable, framed in a
theoretical framework which i couldnt possible accept.  you, on the other hand,
think differently, thats o.k., becuase this is your perogative.

>The author of the paper. Would what was said have anything at all to
>do with who said it? And if so when did the topic change from what to
>who and why would it ever get so lost?

if thats the case then, and im inclined to emphatically agree with you here,
then you must accept that i am an authority on the matter as is any other!
therefore, if you are to confer significance to what someone says, you do so
independently of who said it, you simply excersize your own judgment and make an
apprasail concerning the 'truth' or 'falsehood' of what they say- so why not let
us do the same thing? instead of *telling* us what to think?

mickeyd