Circadian cycles and the pineal gland:

Kenneth Collins k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net%remove%
Sat Mar 1 10:56:53 EST 2003

If I could afford to, I'd pursue my hypothesis, stated in my prior
two posts in this thread, by looking up, and reading:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?CMD=Display&DB=PubMed

Neuroendocrinol Lett 2002 Oct-Dec;23(5-6):442 Related Articles, Links

BOOK REVIEW: Csilla Ruzsas and Bela Mess "Maturation and Aging of
Neuroendocrine Functions. The role of monoaminergic neurons and of
the pineal gland".

Dorner G.

Institute of Experimental Endocrinology, Humboldt University Medical
School (Charite), Berlin, Germany.

Publication Types:
News

PMID: 12500168 [PubMed - in process]

I found, on PubMed, a lot of other "good-starting-olace" refs with
respect to the hypothesis.

My old method was to look-up, read them, read selected refs in their
bibliographies, continuously 'whittling'.

Guess, these days, I'm either 'too old' or too poor for my old method
:-]

ken

"Kenneth Collins" <k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net_NOSPAM> wrote in
message
news:OH47a.1356$Uy4.124938 at bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
| Hi John.
|
| "John H." <johnh at faraway.xxx> wrote in message
| news:lm47a.416$0k1.13060 at nnrp1.ozemail.com.au...
| | Thanks Ken, but I found what I needed. Apparently no direct
| connection to
| | pineal but rather via SCN then to cervical ganglia then to
pineal.
| Talk
| | about roundabout way!
|
| Yeah. 'Tortured' routes are one of the hallmarks I look for when
| hypothesizing about the sort of functional switch-over
[redirection]