A Case in-point

Kenneth Collins k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net%remove%
Tue Mar 4 12:51:06 EST 2003

Here's a case in-point:

"In Sign of Progress, Ulster Talks Continue for Second Day", By BRIAN
LAVERY

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/04/international/europe/04CND-ULST.htm

Quoting from the article:

"HILLSBOROUGH, Northern Ireland, March 4 - Roman Catholic and
Protestant politicians from across Northern Ireland's sectarian
divide continued meetings today with Prime Minister Tony Blair of
Britain and Prime Minister Bertie Ahern of Ireland for a second day,
in an attempt to rescue the five-year-old Belfast peace accord."

© 2003 by The New York Times.

What's at stake in Northern Ireland? Within the lives of that
Citizenry, simultaneously, everything, and nothing.

"Everything" because, in the daily routine, each Citizen now has
'status' that's predefined, and it's only 'logical' to 'know' that,
if fundamental change is allowed to occur, all of the 'routine' that
'orders' folks' everyday affairs gets called into question.

"Nothing" because, within the long-enduring 'routine', there exists
animosity and hatred - so anything that acts to eliminate such
"animosity and hatred", while altering the 'routine', simultaneously,
allows all of the energy that's gone into "animoosity and hatred" to
be turned to purposes which actually better everyone's states of
affairs.

The one thing that will be 'lost' is the one thing that's good to
lose - the 'blind'-automation that clings to that which is merely
familiar because, through long experience it is what's become most TD
E/I-minimized within nervous systems.

It's no contest.

'Blind'-automation that Ravages and slaughters, or freedom to do good
stuff with the energy that would, otherwise be expended in
manifesting "animosity and hatred".

The 'sense of loss', inherent, is illusory. It derives solely in the
fact that folks nervous sytems do 'strive' to achieve TD
E/I-minimization.

Still the 'sense of loss' is something that's experienced as 'being
real'.

It's with respect to such that NDT's understanding has its worth.

NDT's understanding allows folks who are going through behavioral
'transitions' such as the one that folks in Northern Ireland have
longed for, to =know= what will transpire as they do, in fact,
proceed with their behaviroal 'transitions'.

There's no 'magic' in it. Foreknowledge with respect to what to
expect allows folks to comprehend that their 'sense of loss' is not
some 'knife-edge' at their throats, but merely the stuff of their
nervous systems' information-processing dynamics, and, importantly,
that, as the new, merely-unfamiliar stuff is, in fact, experienced,
their nervous systems will do the work inherent in achieving TD
E/I-minimization with respect to it, and that, as they endure all
that's entailed, the 'new' state of affairs will, with 'time', become
as dear to them as was the 'old' stuff, only the 'new' stuff will
have the added-value of its inherently-diminished "animosity and
hatred". So there's a hugely-worthy net gain inherent. All that is
'lost' is the stuff of the 'old' "animosity and hatred". What's
gained is Freedom from the energy-consumption costs inherent in the
'old' state of affairs that's being 'transitioned' out of.

It's win-win.

Freedom to focus energy expenditure in doing stuff that will mutually
lift folks up instead of 'holding them down', and Freedom from the
formerly self-inflicted 'fear' of being harmed while one merely goes
about one's living.

Within such, the crucial thing is to understand the
'blindly'-automated nervous system dynamics.

What better place to go first than Northern Ireland?

Christians, all - experiencing the fundamental stuff of their shared
religious belief alive within themselves.

No?

Yup.

ken

"Kenneth Collins" <k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net%remove%> wrote in
message news:V749a.285$1v.29572 at bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> [...]
| from' comprehending it?
|
| Nope.
|
| It's comprehension is not 'dangerous'.
|
| It's comprehension is 'just' the single most-unfamiliar thing
within
| Human experience.
|
| It's comprehension is 'just' the single most-'foreign' thing within
| Human experience.
|
| And, yet, this least potential energy dynamic determines everything
| within Human experience - all of "man's inhumanity to man" - even
| that Science "will not" theorize with respect to it?
|
| My question is, "Why?"
|
| It's obviously not "too big" for scientific minds to grapple with.
|
| It's flat-out easy to deal with, relative to the
| information-processing demands of just about any other question to
| which Science sets itself, in consideration.
|
| Then, if it's so easy [and it is], why, then, will Science not
| consider this all-permeating stuff?
|
| It's be-cause the least potential energy dynamics is fundamental
| within "thought" itself.
|
| So, when folks take up consideration of it, they run, head-on, all
at
| once, into =every= 'notion' of both 'good' and 'evil' - and, in the
| immensity of that simultaneity, become 'overwhelmed', and
| 'diverted' - 'thwarted' in their 'will' to do Science [see the
| discussion of the "zone of randomness" in AoK, Ap4. This is the
| Fundamental instance of dynamics within the "ZoR".]
|
| So that's why Science 'moves away from' theorizing with respect to
| this flat-out obvious, flat-out =easy= to theorize with respect to,
| least potential energy dynamic.
|
| With respect to it, I call my Colleagues in Neuroscience to the
task
| of doing Science.
|
| Need Encouragement?
|
| Seek out the Parents of Young Infants. Ask them to allow you to
hold
| their Infants. In that warm Innocence you'll have, right-there, in
| your arms, exists all the Encouragement you need. For, if we do not
| theorize with respect to this flat-out obvious least potential
energy
| dynamic, the Infants are 'abandoned' to Ignorance that will
'pounce'
| upon their Innocence, and stuff them into "little boxes, filled
with
| ticky-tacky" [Beatles].
|
| And how can anyone, holding an Infant in their arms, who only looks
| and sees the Tragedy that =will= ensue, not find Encouragement,
| over-flowing, with respect to theorizing with respect to this
| flat-out obvious least potential energy dynamic that'll, otherwise,
| Mercilessly transform the Infant into an unthinking 'automaton'?
|
| Can 'unthinking autoatons' learn to Think?
|
| That is my Question.
|
| I =Know= its Answer.
|
| "Yes."
|
| The Answer is mapped in AoK. The way is given in AoK, Ap7 -
| "Volition" - the "meta-" information-processing phases -
"prefrontal
| constellations".
|
| It's flat-out obvious that our nervous systems are capable of
| transcending the dictates of the 'blindly'-automated least
potential
| energy dynamic.
|
| So, I call you, my Colleagues in Science, to action.
|
| This flat-out obvious least potential energy dynamic is =just=
| another thing with respect to which Science Theorizes.
|
| It's stuff is =just= more stuff that we who stand upon Truth's
| 'battlefield, study and learn about.
|
| But, Oh! The Benefit inherent in our studying this one thing!
|
| Let us do so.
|
| ken
|
| "Kenneth Collins" <k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net%remove%> wrote in
| message
| news:ZXW8a.10129$Uy4.840966 at bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
| | The prior post still didn't say what I meant.
| |
| | Folks in Neuroscience theorize, what they don't do enough of is
| | theorize with respect to 'big' behavioral questions. [The usual
| | theoretical approaches are with respect to molecular stuff
| ['genetic
| | bases' of behavior, or with pharmacological 'treatments'].
| |
| | It's the province of our Science to theorize with respect to
| | whole-nervous-system function.
| |
| | Folks say, "It can't be done" ...?
| |
| | But it can. The approach is just not being taught.
| |
| | My question is, why not?
| |
| | ken
| |
| | "Kenneth Collins" <k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net%remove%> wrote in
| | message
| | news:nhz8a.8081$Uy4.685619 at bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
| | | After posting this, I realized that folks'd probably think,
| "Geese,
| | | what a dork!" :-]
| | |
| | | I wasn't trying to say, "Hey, look at me."
| | |
| | | I was trying to convey how easy it is to theorize in
| Neuroscience.
| | | Really, all it takes is the will to do it. That, and the
| | wherewithal
| | | to do it.
| | |
| | | The Neuroscience stacks are a Treasure trove. And theorization
is
| | | inherently fun to do. But, since, doing it isn't in formal
| curicula
| | | in Neuroscience, theorization [cross-correlation and
integration
| of
| | | experimental results] is being left undone.
| | |
| | | In what seemed to be a 'self-agrandizing' msg, I was trying to
| | | encourage folks to get involved in Neuroscience theorization.
| | |
| | | But the 'self-agrandizing' stuff is probably all that
| came-across,
| | | eh?
| | |
| | | "Damned if I do and damned if I don't."
| | |
| | | "Oh well."
| | |
| | | But Neuroscience theorization should have it's place with
courses
| | in
| | | every Neuroscience curriculum. There are huge benefits to it,
not
| | the
| | | least of which is that it facilitates cross-specialization
| | | 'fertilization' within Neuroscience - get's folks talking about
| | stuff
| | | that they'd not, otherwise know about - lets folks understand
how
| | | their work dovedails with the work of others, and how they can
| both
| | | give and receive.
| | |
| | | Neuroscience 'wins' when folks get together to see each others'
| | work
| | | throu one anothers' ongoing foci and understanding voids.
| | |
| | | Formal courses in Neuroscience Theory can bring all of this
| about.
| | |
| | | If there's any interest in setting up a course series in
| | Neuroscience
| | | Theory - anywhere - I'd like to consult - offer what I've
learned
| | | 'epistomological'-wise.
| | |
| | | Too much to hope for?