Forgiveness

Mon Mar 10 01:18:59 EST 2003

Hi Didier,

"Didier A. Depireux" <didier at tango.isr.umd.edu> wrote in message
news:b4h3cd$i2i$1 at grapevine.wam.umd.edu...
| KP-PC <k.p.collins at worldnet.att.net%remove%> wrote:
| > Do folks get the main 'point'?
|
| I didn't get why 'point' needed to be in quotes. Do you have an
alternate
| meaning for 'point', compared to "point"?

It's my private 'misery' that I find language 'inadequate' [perhaps
I'm insufficiently literate?]

In this instance, in my view, physical reality is continuous. Matter
exists as a consequence of continuous energy-thresholding dynamics.
So, since everything's continuous, using the term "point" is
inherently artificial.

All my use of single quotes involves analogous 'struggling' with
'language' on my part.

Cheers, Didier. ken

didier at isr.umd.edu
http://neurobiology.umaryland.edu/depireux.htm
| Anatomy and Neurobiology                      Phone: 410-706-1272
(off)
| University of Maryland                                      -1273
(lab)
| Baltimore MD 21201 USA                             Fax:
1-410-706-2512