Theoretical neurological diseases

Radium glucegen at excite.com
Thu Mar 13 15:46:43 EST 2003

Hi:

I hope I am posting this to the correct newsgroup.

I have some questions regarding the CNS:

What symptoms would I experience areas of my cerebral cortex (and
cerebullum) dealing with voluntary movement (including movement of
speech muscles), balance, coordination, mental functions
(consciousness, awareness, attention, memory etc.) were to suddenly
and totally lose their supply of calcium for a week? [consider the
rest of my body to recieve its normal supply of calcium]

What symptoms would I experience if the arteries in same areas of my
brain were to suddenly and completely constrict (vasospasm resembling
migraine) for about 2 hours? [visual cortex included]

What auditory symptoms would I experience if the "hearing area"
[auditory cortex?] of my brain were to suddenly and completely lose
its supply of oxygen, glucose, carbon dioxide, and minerals for about
a day? [lets say the rest of brain remains unaffected] and [lets also
say during this, all the blood vessels (arteries, veins, arteioles,
venules, and cappilaries) in my brain's "hearing region" dilate
rapidly and completely in a synchronized manner]

What symptoms would I experience if the rabies virus attacked and
brutally "kicked" the gut nucleuses of neurons in the areas of my
cerebral cortex mentioned in my first question? [auditory cortex
included]

What neurologic symptoms would I experience if the measles [rubeola]
virus infected and severly irratated the cappilaries in the parts of
my cerebral cortex mentioned in the first question? [auditory cortex
included] Would there be any physical pain/discomfort?

What symptoms would I experience if the shingles [herpes zoster] virus
infected in motor portion of my upper spinal cord? [sensory portion
unaffected]

What are the neurologic symptoms [in humans] of the average octopus
bite?

What are the neurologic symptoms [in humans] of the average jellyfish
sting?

What are the neurologic symptoms [in humans] of the average
black-widow spider bite?

What would be neurologic symptoms of a theoretical glucagon storm?
[glucagon storm = extremely excessive production of glucagon from the
pancreas]

Glucagon storm = glucagon equivalent of a thyroid storm.

What are the neurologic symptoms of bradycardia? [consider heartbeat
slow (25 beats/min) and strong (force equal to that of the average
athlete)]

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks,

Radium