Theoretical neurological diseases

Sun Mar 16 00:17:47 EST 2003

"Radium" <glucegen at excite.com> wrote in message
news:464c821f.0303151911.51f2f07 at posting.google.com...
news:<MG6ca.4673$S%3.285886 at bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>...
| > Your questions are huge - requiring massive study with repsect to
| > their particulars, which do not all reflect physical reality
within
| > nervous systems. But I';; comment with respect to one part of
your
| > query below.
| >
| > "Radium" <glucegen at excite.com> wrote in message
| > news:464c821f.0303131246.16e18257 at posting.google.com...
| > | Hi:
| > |
| > | I hope I am posting this to the correct newsgroup.
| > |
| > | I have some questions regarding the CNS:
| > |
| > | What symptoms would I experience areas of my cerebral cortex
(and
| > | cerebullum) dealing with voluntary movement (including movement
of
| > | speech muscles), balance, coordination, mental functions
| > | (consciousness, awareness, attention, memory etc.) were to
suddenly
| > | and totally lose their supply of calcium for a week? [consider
the
| > | rest of my body to recieve its normal supply of calcium]
| > |
| > | What symptoms would I experience if the arteries in same areas
of
| >  my
| > | brain were to suddenly and completely constrict (vasospasm
| >  resembling
| > | migraine) for about 2 hours? [visual cortex included]
| > |
| > | What auditory symptoms would I experience if the "hearing area"
| > | [auditory cortex?] of my brain were to suddenly and completely
lose
| > | its supply of oxygen, glucose, carbon dioxide, and minerals for
| >  about
| > | a day? [lets say the rest of brain remains unaffected] and
[lets
| >  also
| > | say during this, all the blood vessels (arteries, veins,
arteioles,
| > | venules, and cappilaries) in my brain's "hearing region" dilate
| > | rapidly and completely in a synchronized manner]
| >
| > There's not just one "auditory area", so your symptoms would be a
| > 'mixture' of what becomes, probably permanently, lost due to
oxygen
| > deprivation lasting more than ~ four hours. Unless there was
| > something like relatively-rapid deep co[o]ling involved, neural
tissue
| > deprived of oxygen just 'disintegrates' and dies.
|
|   What about calcium deprivation?

If you deprive an 'area' of cortex of oxygen for 24 hours, nothing
else matters because all Life processes in the oxygen-deprived cells
cease, and the cells disintegrate.

If everything, nothing has any 'normal' function ceases [except
post-oxygen-deprivation 'cleanup' functions], so, after the oxygen
deprivation, nothing else can even be discussed - it's not
functionally operative.

It's why I responded as I responded, to the one 'off-switch' thing.

over-and-out.

ken

| > But you'd experience some sort of "auditory" activation because
the
| > deficits you outlined spare many areas involved in audition.
You'd
| > probably not be able to use auditory information consciously
though.

| > That's it for my "2-cents".
| >
| > ken
| >
| > | What symptoms would I experience if the rabies virus attacked
and
| > | brutally "kicked" the gut nucleuses of neurons in the areas of
my
| > | cerebral cortex mentioned in my first question? [auditory
cortex
| > | included]
| > |
| > |
| > | What neurologic symptoms would I experience if the measles
| >  [rubeola]
| > | virus infected and severly irratated the cappilaries in the
parts
| >  of
| > | my cerebral cortex mentioned in the first question? [auditory
| >  cortex
| > | included] Would there be any physical pain/discomfort?
| > |
| > |
| > | What symptoms would I experience if the shingles [herpes
zoster]
| >  virus
| > | infected in motor portion of my upper spinal cord? [sensory
portion
| > | unaffected]
| > |
| > |
| > | What are the neurologic symptoms [in humans] of the average
octopus
| > | bite?
| > |
| > | What are the neurologic symptoms [in humans] of the average
| >  jellyfish
| > | sting?
| > |
| > | What are the neurologic symptoms [in humans] of the average
| > | black-widow spider bite?
| > |
| > |
| > | What would be neurologic symptoms of a theoretical glucagon
storm?
| > | [glucagon storm = extremely excessive production of glucagon
from
| >  the
| > | pancreas]
| > |
| > | Glucagon storm = glucagon equivalent of a thyroid storm.
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | What are the neurologic symptoms of bradycardia? [consider
| >  heartbeat
| > | slow (25 beats/min) and strong (force equal to that of the
average
| > | athlete)]
| > |
| > |