An example of mad science or bad science journalism

Allen L. Barker alb at datafilter.com
Sun Mar 16 02:23:24 EST 2003

Here's another article on the research:
   http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/2843099.stm

They say the research is to be presented to a neural
engineering conference in Capri, Italy, next week.  Maybe
get the proceedings.

And rockets will never work in a vacuum, because there is
nothing to push against, etc.

Peter F wrote:

> Go to www.newscientist.com and take a look at the article about: ~implanting
> a microchip to do the job of the hippocampus~.
>
> It made me check to see if it was April 1 already! Sadly, it was not.
> :-|

Mind Control: TT&P ==> http://www.datafilter.com/mc
Home page: http://www.datafilter.com/alb
Allen Barker